SUMMARY OF POSITION
Working closely with the General Manager/Owner of COAST Construction, Finance Manager and Operations Manager, the Senior Project Manager leads the management of multiple construction projects in conjunction with Project Managers and Site Supervisors. The Senior PM is a proven leader who operates from a place of integrity and effectively represents the company while liaising with clients and/or client representatives and consultants. This position is actively involved in business development and driving new business to the company. As a construction industry professional, the Senior PM is responsible for project profitability and for maintaining exceptional quality in all aspects of company relations and construction management.
Monday to Friday – 40 hours/week – 8hrs/day
Extended hours and/or weekend work may be required at times to maintain project schedule
Based on qualifications
2 weeks’ vacation
Eligible for the extended benefits package after 3 months of full-time
Dependent on candidate, position could be based from Whistler or North Vancouver office
Project work located in Whistler, Sea to Sky region and Vancouver
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Direct and manage preconstruction and budget development
– Responsible for on time, on budget, high quality and safe delivery of assigned projects by leading, directing and supporting construction teams throughout for the entire project life cycle
– Ensure completion of project close-out protocols
– Understand and administer COAST’S contract and subcontract agreements
– Foster and manage client, consultant, subcontractor and trade relations
– Generate new sales and prepare competitive bids
– Prepare cost estimates, cost analysis and budgets for a project with projected forecasts
– Drive enforcement of safety measures to ensure compliance with WorkSafe BC and accident-free work environments
– Evaluate and initiate energy-efficient building measures while executing pre-construction planning
– Work with Finance Manager to control project payment process and ensure payment is received in a timely manner
– Analyze and approve expenditures
– Liaise with government agencies as required for any required permits or approvals and ensure compliance by trades and consultants
– Identify and resolve any outstanding issues that need resolution
– Report to GM, FM and OM on project progress and budget (when necessary) through regularly scheduled Operations Meetings
– Carry out minor design work as necessary to address issues
– Train, develop and manage Project Managers, Superintendents, and assistant level staff, including providing input on performance evaluations
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
– Committed to COAST’s core values of quality, accountability, commitment to clients, teamwork and safety
– Degree/Diploma in Construction or Engineering program plus a minimum of ten years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
– Experienced in project execution: understand/interpret contract documents, ability to read drawings to define project specifications, ability to develop construction costing and project scheduling, ability to manage estimating and purchasing and monitor key performance indicators
– Experienced in managing residential and commercial projects up to $10 million
– Demonstrated history of timely and within-budget construction
– Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times and provide superior service to our client’s
– Very strong verbal communication skills – able to provide exceptional leadership to co-workers, clients and industry partners; confident with problem resolution and mediation
– Excellent written communication skills, (business letters, construction cost claims, technical reports, site instructions etc)
– Proven success at taking ownership for one’s responsibilities and delivering outcomes within the defined timeframe
– Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite MS Excel
– Experience working with Project management software – Procore, Corecon
– Performance of the required duties may require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities are required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and the ability to sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This position requires a high degree of personal contact, with constant multi-tasking and a high degree of stress.
Requirement for Personal Protective Equipment
– Per the Company OH&S policy employee to supply and wear hard hat, rated protective footwear, safety glasses and high vis vest, gloves etc when on construction sites.
Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
*Please note that you must have authorization to work in Canada (you must possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status or a Work Permit).
If you are looking for a fulfilling, long-term career, please fill out the form below and attached your resume and cover letter which detail how you meet the qualifications and competencies described above.
Thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.