SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Project Manager provides leadership, technical expertise and direction to all aspects of a project life cycle and ensures each project meets client requirements and is completed on time and on budget. Reports to Senior Project Manager and Finance Manager and works closely with Operations Manager and Site Operations team. As a construction industry professional with minimum 3 years project management experience, the Project Manager has superior communication skills, a demonstrated ability to provide exceptional detail-oriented results and to work cohesively with others.
Monday to Friday – 40 hours/week – 8hrs/day
Extended hours and/or weekend work may be required at times to maintain project schedule
Competitive wage dependent on qualifications
Medical and Health benefits
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Review plans & specifications to determine the scope of work with project resource requirements and timelines
– Meet with client and/or client representative, project consultants, as required
– Support the permitting process
– Tender contracts from trades & suppliers
– Prepare Budgets
– Prepare Schedules
– Prepare quantity take-offs, as required
– Prepare construction agreement(s)
– Accountable for all aspects of Construction
– Accountable for all aspects of Budgeting, Progress Claims and Billing
– Work in collaboration with the Site Supervisor to ensure project schedule and goals are met and the quality of workmanship
– Maintain professional conduct with clients to ensure company commitment to excellence in our client relations
– Regularly update drawings
– Issue purchase orders
– Delegate project tasks to employees based on their individual skill sets and overall project goals
– Along with Site Supervisor lead construction team to work to expected standard; recognize poor performance and provide feedback for employee performance reviews. Follow company discipline protocols
– Coordinate all sub-trades according to project plan
– Inspection of project site, as required; ensure compliance with requirements of the construction contract
– Manage budget, submittals, RFIs & change orders
– Procure and allocate project material to site
– Build and fortify relationships with all professionals, inspectors and subcontractors; chairs meetings, as required
– Manage labour budget; review and approve employee hours
– Coordinate and obtain occupancy and substantial completion certificates
– Ensure all project documentation is up-to-date and organized on company server to easily prepare project close-out manuals and binders
– Communicate project progress and requirements and addresses any concerns
– Identify and respond to safety issues to ensure the safety of the workers. Responsible for ensuring the project is adhering to health and safety standards and reports issues when they occur
– Archive all relevant project documentation
– Provide owners operation manual(s)
– Address any project concerns /deficiencies
– Ensure cost reporting is finalized and balanced
– Receive project certificates of completion and client sign off
– Conduct an internal debrief of the project including acknowledgements and suggestions for continuous improvement
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
– Committed to COAT’S core values of quality, accountability, commitment to clients, teamwork and safety
– Degree/Diploma in Construction or Engineering program plus a minimum of three years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
– Experienced in project execution: understand/interpret contract documents, ability to read drawings to define project specifications, ability to develop construction costing and project scheduling, ability to manage estimating and purchasing and monitor key performance indicators
– Experienced in managing residential and commercial projects up to $3 million
– Strong knowledge of current provincial & municipal building codes
– Demonstrated history of on-time and within-budget construction
– Ability to maintain a professional demeanour at all times and provide superior service to our client’s
– Very strong verbal communication skills – able to provide exceptional leadership to co-workers, clients and industry partners; confident with problem resolution and mediation
– Excellent written communication skills, (business letters, construction cost claims, technical reports, site instructions etc)
– Proven success at taking ownership for one’s responsibilities and delivering outcomes within the defined timeframe
– Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
– Experience working with Project management software (Procore, Corecon), an asset
– Performance of the required duties may require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities are required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and the ability to sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This position requires a high degree of personal contact, with constant multi-tasking and a high degree of stress.
Requirement for Personal Protective Equipment
– Per the Company OH&S policy employee to supply and wear hard hat, rated protective footwear, safety glasses and high vis vest, gloves etc when on construction sites.
Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
*Please note that you must have authorization to work in Canada (you must possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status or a Work Permit).
If you are looking for a fulfilling, long-term career, please fill out the form below and attached your resume and cover letter which detail how you meet the qualifications and competencies described above.
Thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.