SUMMARY OF POSITION
COAST Construction’s Office Administrator coordinates the company’s administration and provides graphic design support for marketing. This dynamic position works closely with Owner/General Manager and Management Team and requires a person experienced in administrative duties who is a highly-organized multi-tasker with excellent communication skills. The Office Administrator thrives in a fast-paced office environment, takes instruction well and efficiently structures their own time.
20-25 hours/week, Monday – Friday
$24 – $28/hour (dependent on qualifications)
TBD – dependent on candidate, position could be based from Whistler or North Vancouver office
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Oversee and implement office administrative procedures – ensure that information and records are organized and stored in the proper manner
– Review and develop new administrative procedures
– General office duties, such as prepare correspondence, data entry work, photocopying, document scanning and filing
– Open and distribute daily mail and deliveries
– Maintain office supplies and resources and order new supplies
– Manage company email inboxes – sort/read/ forward appropriately/respond
– Maintain digital and physical filing system
– Additional duties may include: booking inspections, scheduling appointments and meetings, arrange couriers, place service calls for office equipment
– Subcontract management – trades, insurance, worksafe
– Assist in preparation of project close-out binder/homeowner orientation packages
– Assemble and enter timecards in preparation for payroll. Prepare time report
– Communicate all payroll issues, such as late time sheets to management
– Coordinate vacation pay draw requests
– Respond to employment confirmations for all field employees
– Post job ads, sort, track and assist in the hiring process
– Process/Submit employee personal information changes
– Coach employees on how to correctly complete time sheets
– Assist in managing employee files and other HR files
– Coordinate staff birthday and employee milestone acknowledgments
– Initiate and help coordinate staff functions when applicable
– Field questions from employees
– Compile data, statistics and other information and may conduct research
– WCB & liability insurance report tracking
– Support graphic design needs for digital and print media
– Prepare company e-newsletter
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
– Experience at a professional level in business/administrative administration is required and experience in the construction industry is considered an asset
– Committed to adhering to COAST’s core values of quality, accountability, commitment to clients, teamwork and safety
– Proven success at taking ownership for one’s responsibilities and delivering outcomes within the defined timeframe
– Advanced MS Windows, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), InDesign and Photoshop skills
– Experience with project management software
Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
*Please note that you must have authorization to work in Canada (you must possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status or a Work Permit).
If you are looking for a fulfilling, long-term career, please fill out the form below and attached your resume and cover letter which detail how you meet the qualifications and competencies described above.
Thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.